An Active-Adult Community of
Information About the Kingsfield Community
Kingsfield is an active adult community of 66 single-family homes located on 27 acres in Franconia Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Our postal Zip Code is 18964. Our community is adjacent to the western boundary of Souderton, which is approximately halfway between Philadelphia and Allentown. Driving directions are available on this web site.
There are three home models in the Kingsfield community: Barkley, Coventry and Durham. The floor plans are available only to homeowners because of security concerns. Homeowners can retrieve their floor plan and make it available to prospective buyers.
Street and lawn maintenance, trash collection and snow removal, are provided as services of the Kingsfield Community Association. The Association's services are supported by homeowner dues, currently at $175 a month, and an occasional assessment for extraordinary costs such as excess snow removal.
Or trash hauler is Advanced Disposal, 610-584-5450.
Kingsfield has public water, sewer and underground utilities. The service providers are:
Residents are able to take advantage of activities offered by the Indian Valley Public Library at 100 East Church Avenue in Telford (215-723-9109), the Senior Adult Activity Center (SAAC) of Indian Valley at 259 N. Second St. in Souderton (215-723-5841), a nearby YMCA and the adult-education programs of the Souderton Area School District. With a school-tax bill of approximately $5,000 a year per residence, the 66 homes in the Kingsfield Community generate approximately $330,000 every year to support public education, including the school district's adult-education programs.
A neighboring 55-and-older community of 156 homes, Lions Gate, is accessible from a walking path that borders our neighborhood.
Our township offices are located at 671 Allentown Road,
Franconia, PA 18924
History Of Our Community
The Kingsfield Community was developed by Cowpath Associates, L.P., owned by Jeffrey C. Grosse, Stanley H. Geiger and C. Richard Quade. Construction of the 66 homes began in the spring of 2000 by Quade Homes.
The acreage of the Kingsfield Community is part of a 1,000-acre tract of land shown in the map at left. That 1,000-acre tract, most of which is now the Borough of Souderton, was settled in the early 1700s by Thomas Fairman, one of the first settlers who arrived in the Delaware Valley in 1682. The deed, which was issued in 1708 for those 1,000 acres, was the first deed ever issued for land within the present limits of Franconia Township. The 1,000-acre tract was purchased in 1755 by George Cressman who then divided the property into several parcels, keeping one of them for himself.
Records show that a farm consisting of 100 acres of the Fairman tract was sold to Christian Benner in 1755 by Cressman (see the box in the image). That 100-acre tract of land is bordered on the north by Reliance Road. Cowpath Road cuts diagonally through the middle of the box and Kingsfield today is in the lower right portion of the box.
The Christian Benner Farm had several owners through the early 1900s and was sold in 1928 to Harvey H. Derstine. The property at 320 Cowpath Road today is in the name of Elwood C. Derstine.
The map on this page is from "Images of America - Souderton," published in 2011 by Souderton Telford Main Streets; it was provided by the Mennonite Heritage Center in Franconia Township. The 128-page book, which contains more than 200 photos depicting the history of Sounderton and Franconia, can be purchased for $21.99 from Aracadia Publishing.
Other Important Information About Our Community